Lungs is among the essential organs of the body. It carries oxygen inside your body, which is used to release energy from the nutrients inside. Lungs also carries unwanted contents of blood, to be excreted outside. Lungs never rest and pumps about 25,000 times in 24 hours.a
Below are the effective 10 tips to keep lungs strong and healthy.
- Quit Smoking: Smoking effects lungs, by the cigarette contents, it narrows its passages of vein and so breathing become difficult. Continuous smoking may leads to COPD and lung cancer. Quitting smoking gives strength and health to your lungs and protect it from hazardous effects.
- Avoid Second hand Smoke; Avoid the smoke of others, to be inhaled by your lungs. Advice others to remain to a smoke free rules and apply same at your home and places of your settings.
- Avoid your exposure to Pollutants: The ingredients in the polluted air, fragrances have also hazardous effects upon your lungs. For this, avoid more presence in highly polluted zones, try to keep your environment clean, go for eco-friendly options in construction and home appliances.
- Improve indoor air; keep your rooms fully ventilated and have some shade loving tress inside your home/ room. Avoid harsh fragrances, aerosol sprays and do not over water the indoor plants.
- Do deep breathe exercise daily: Oxygen is life for your body, same for your lungs. without sufficient oxygen, your lungs and hear both can be effected. For this practice deep breathing exercises on daily basis, to ensure your lungs health and wellbeing.
- Play with wind instrument: Playing with any wind instrument is among the good options, to keep your lungs clean and strong. It removes toxins from inside your lungs and keep the air passages, inside lungs, strong.
- Consume Lungs friendly foods: Food that are rich in antioxidants, protein, folate, complex carbohydrates, mono and polyunsaturated fats are good for your lungs. Such foods are onion, garlic, lung-wort, whole grains, bread, pasta, fresh fruits are the foods you can opt for your lungs health.