Cinnamon is known as spice to food and beverages, it adds a amazing flavor to foods. Cinnamon is used as an healthy ingredient from centuries and believed to possess Anti- inflammatory, Anti- oxidants, Anti- microbial and other multiple health benefits.
Cinnamon is considers as good source of manganese, dietary fiber, calcium, iron and vitamin- A. Now, lets talk about the healthy benefits of cinnamon for women.
- Pre- menstrual syndrome: The manganese content in cinnamon reduce the symptoms associated with pre- menstrual syndrome. One study have found that women consuming 5.6 mg manganese in their daily diets suffered less from the symptoms of pre- menstrual syndrome than those who consume 1 mg manganese in their daily diets.
- Diabetes: Cinnamon is believed to reduce the levels of HDL and LDL cholesterol levels, triglycerides and blood sugar levels to varying degree, reducing the chances of cardiovascular health issues and blood sugar levels.
- Anti- oxidant: Cinnamon is proved to inhibit lipid per oxidation, thus is a powerful anti- oxidant, helps to protects the human body from diseases and infections.
- Yeast infections: Cinnamon oil is effective in restricting the yeast vaginal infections. Cinnamon is extremely effective in restricting the growth of candida, cause of yeast vaginal infections.
- Digestive properties: Cinnamon have benefits in reducing the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, particularly bloating. This action is due to anti- bacterial action upon the bacteria that effects normal digestive function. A two- three intakes of cinammon tea reduces the stomach pain associated with irritable bowel syndrome.
- Cancer: Two ingredients, eugenol and cinnamaldehyde, are found to be effective in treating colon cancer, leukemia and lymphoma.
- Arthritis: High levels of manganese found in cinnamon helps to rebuild connective tissue and bones, thus have a proven positive effects for individuals suffering from arthritis.
- Weight loss: A combination of cinnamon and honey, when taken before breakfast and before going to sleep, reduces the chances of fat accumulation, and provide benefits for women seeking for weight loss.
- fatigue: A combination of cinnamon with honey in water helps to keep the brain alert thus helping women to reduce their symptoms of tiredness and fatigue.
- Skin infections: A topical application of cinnamon with honey reduce the symptoms of eczema, acne and other unwanted skin conditions.
- Alzheimer conditions: Cinnamon is effective in reducing the symptoms of Alzheimer in women.
- Cinnamon oil have good results in curing hair lice, toothache, dust mites and bed bugs.
Their are hundreds of varieties of cinnamon found, the commonly used are Chinese or cassia and Ceylon or true cinnamon.
Dosage: The recommended dosage for cinnamon oral intake is 2 mg daily.