Arthritis is a rheumatic disease associated with inflammation, pain and dysfunction in some parts of the body. It majorly effects cartilage, joints and bone.
- Omega- 3 fatty acids: Omega- 3 fatty acid is a potent anti- inflammatory and fights the pain of arthritis. Omega- 3 fatty acids are found in salmon, sardines, walnuts, trout, flax seeds and walnuts.
- Broccoli: Although the action of broccoli is proven in the prevention of arthritis, as per the 11 year study, referred by Mayo clinic. However, it have no documented results to fight the pain of the arthritis directly. But due its other benefits, it is highly recommended by nutritionist in arthritis individuals. This category of foods include cabbage, cauliflower, kale and bok choy.
- Food containing vitamin- D: Vitamin D have proven benefits in the prevention, management and progression of arthritis. Consuming food containing good amount of Vitamin D in arthritis, have very desirable benefits for the symptoms management of arthritis. These foods are oily fish and dairy products. Sunlight exposure is also a natural source of vitamin D activation within human body and have beneficial effects in patients with arthritis.
- Food containing olive oil: Olive oil have good effects to reduce the swelling, redness and inflammation of the effected parts with arthritis. These benefits of arthritis are due to oleic acid, having very strong anti- oxidant action. Mediterranean diet is the major source of olive oil and is also available in isolated form.
- Ginger: Ginger have proven anti- inflammatory and anti- oxidant action and have benefits in managing the symptoms of arthritis. Point to remember that ginger also thin blood so take the physician advice in case you are already taking any blood thinning medicine.
- Foods containing vitamin C: Vitamin C have good preventive benefits for arthritis. It is due to its collagen formation role and anti- oxidant action. Its intake in arthritis gives benefits in symptoms relief as well. Sources of vitamin C are citrus fruits, mangoes, strawberries and pineapples.
- Over all arthritis diet: A more suitable diet for you are fruits, vegetables, fish, legumes, olive oil and nuts. Yous should avoid, in arthritis, red meat, dairy products, saturated fats and sugars.
- Basic information about asthma.
- How to manage symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.
- What is the reason behind the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.
- Symptoms of Attention Deficiency and hyperactivity disorders and its management in girls.
- Foods that reduce the symptoms of fibromaylgia.
- Symptoms and causes of premature labor.
- Know about the signs and symptoms of endometriosis.