This is a weed but is also edible and is a highly nutritious vegetable as well. It is loaded with all sorts of nutrients, including Omega- 3 fatty acids. Now, lets talk in details about how this greenly vegetable can aid to your health overall benefits and weight loss.
This magical weed is Purslane, grown in many parts of the world, Purslane 100 Gm contains,
- Vitamin A; 35% of daily value required.
- Vitamin C; 35 %
- Magnesium; 17%
- Manganese: 15%
- Potassium: 17%
- Iron: 11%
- Calcium: 7%
Purslane contains higher quantities of Omega- 3 fatty acids
Being essential fat that body cannot form within, Omega- 3 fatty acid have to be taken from out side source and Purslane is the best source for it. Although it is low in fat, the major part of its contents is Omega- 3 fatty acids. Surprisingly, it is enriched with both types of fatty acids, ALA and EPA, both the animal sourced and the plant sourced.
Purslane is loaded with effective Antioxidants;
It is enriched with effective Anti- oxidants that protects our body from wear and tear, body tissue damages. These are,
- Vitamin C, protects skin, muscle and bones.
- Vitamin E, protects cell membrane.
- Vitamin A, have basic role in eye health.
- Gluthathione, Protects cells from damage.
- Melatonin, natural sleeping and relaxing element.
- Betalain, protects LDL.
Purslane contains health friendly minerals
It contains health friendly minerals, i- e
- Potassium, that regulates blood pressure.
- Magnesium, that protects you from heart diseases.
- Calcium, important for bone health.
Purslane also contains oxalates and you may have chances of developing kidney stones by its regular consumption, one possible healthy option is to add it to yogurt, to minimize the effects of oxalates.